Tim Squire has organised great Conferences in the past five years. The first three were in-person
events at Clair Hall but when the Covid-19 pandemic struck, bringing with it all the safeguarding
measures and rules, Tim valiantly arranged two on-line Conference weekends, with talks on both
Saturday and Sunday. All were very well attended!
Tim has now stepped down and we’re looking for a volunteer to help organise our next Conference, which we hope will be an in-person event. The role includes
• booking the hall, speakers and stallholders
• compiling and printing the booking forms and programmes
• allocating stallholders to tables
• allocating volunteers to do tasks on the day of the conference
• co-ordinating the team and making sure everyone knows what they are doing on the day
It’s not as daunting as it seems – REALLY. You will join the SOS Membership & Publicity Committee
and be part of a team who help with the bookings, catering, raffle, finances and the technical
equipment – and volunteers help with the tasks on the day. Apart from the week or so in the run-up to the Conference everything can be done to your own timetable. If you are interested please get in touch with Val Bentley on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01273 494723
Provisional booking of a suitable venue has already been made and we are really hoping that 2023
will see the return of a “proper” Conference!