Hawfinches: request for information
I plan to write a short paper on the Hawfinch influx into Sussex during 2017/18 and would welcome any information, not yet in BirdTrack or published on popular social media sites, on the following:
- Large counts.
- Evidence of birds on active migration.
- Food other than hornbeam and yew seeds.
- Roosting behaviour (including at Kingley Vale).
- Song or courtship.
- Predation by birds of prey.
- Perching on man-made objects.
- Weights and wing lengths of birds ringed.
I am also preparing an illustrated talk and would be very grateful for any high-quality photos, including any showing unusual behaviour or numbers.
SOS County Recorder